The Essentials of Sites – Breaking Down the Basics
How to Make a Great Website for Your Business Needs
Websites have become an important marketing tool for all kinds of businesses nowadays. A user-friendly business website is sure to take your business sales and popularity up a notch! If you have decided to push through with creating a website for your business, then follow some simple rules to make it a huge success.
1. Think of a relevant domain name. A domain name will serve as your web stamp; it should be easy to remember and related to the industry you are in.
2. Decide on your goals; what is the purpose of your website. It’s better to have a clear expectation in mind; do you need the website to attract new customers, to sell directly to them online, to provide information, or to offer after-sales support?
3. How will you put up your website? If you are knowledgeable in web designing, you may create your own site, if not, there’s always plenty of design professionals who you can enlist to get the work done.
4. Keep it simple and clean. A website is a place where you can start marketing your products and services, therefore, you should make it as user-friendly as possible so people won’t have a hard time navigating around it. A simple design is always enticing but make sure that it maintains its professional touch. You may skip using a ton of flash and multi-tiered menus, but you better make sure that all the links you’ll be providing on the site are visible and functioning well.
5.Avoid Splash pages. Splash pages usually takes a bit to load; visitors who don’t have much patience to wait just tend to hit the “back” button on the browser and go to the next display result. These minor delays can somehow affect how your website generates clicks and sales for your businesses.
6. Simplify the navigation inside the website. Visitors of your website should be able to freely roam around your site without any complicated navigation procedures. A website that’s easy to navigate entices more user views and click-throughs than those sites which have complicated navigation procedures.
7. Add well-written, relevant and meaningful articles to your site. When you add content, make sure that you write for your readers and not just for search engines.
8. Make sure that you include a way for visitors to contact you. Ensure that you don’t skip this step. A professional website values the opinions of its visitors; take it as a form of customer service, ergo, you need to include a way for them to reach you. Sending replies in a timely manner also sets the bar for good customer service and can help generate better business for you.
Learn About The Author: Jeffrey Reitzel is industry magazine contributor and dynamic leader. He enjoys keeping up on the latest industry news, contributing to publications, and playing music. Visit the following resource for more information: http://www.amazon.com/How-To-Create-Website-Guide-ebook/dp/B00AFGKFJ0 You can find more on the author’s site.